Rainy Monday - Wet Start to Turkey Day Vacation

 

It's the feeling that comes over you on your first day off work when your alarm goes off at the time you normally get up to begin your day. Frustration, exasperation, anger, and a quick hand to the clock to turn the darn thing off.

Then, you lie back down and try to go back to sleep. No joy. So you get up out of bed, get dressed in comfortable clothes, and face the day.

To make it worse, just as you decide to take the dog for a walk, the tell-tale sounds of raindrops hitting the roof inform you that the rain predicted for later in the morning has arrived early. You apologize to the dog and decide to dust the living room instead. After all, company is coming for Thanksgiving in a couple of days.

If it was just your adult sons, you might not be so particular about the house cleaning. But, your younger son is bringing his girlfriend home and you want her to believe you are an excellent housekeeper. There is little doubt, however, that she's aware of the extra effort you made on her account. I mean, how often do people actually dust the picture frames and the knickknacks on the mantle.


Despite my complaining, the rain is welcome. We were in a dry spell. I only hope the grass doesn't experience a last growth spurt. The missus and I are hopeful our mowing days are over for this year.

Today could be a good day for me to catch up on my NaNoWriMo goal. There are only 8 days left and I still need to write about 31,000 words. Using my division estimation skills, that works out to nearly 4,000 words a day.

Wish me luck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It was bound to happen, and yesterday, it did

Short Hike on a Long Trail - New River Trail State Park, Virginia