Another Beautiful Morning in the Campground

The missus and I woke up to sunshine and cool temperatures this morning just as the sun was coming up. The air temp hung at 48F (9C) and there was not a cloud in the sky. The forecast is for a sunny day with temps climbing into the 70s (20C).

Other than writing, my plans for today are to go with the missus and the pups to visit a nearby state park. We hope to do some hiking and to check out the campground for a possible future trip. Then, we'll find a fido friendly restaurant for lunch before coming back to the campsite where I will, hopefully, spend the afternoon catching up on my word count.

I didn't quite make my target total of words yesterday. I tried valiantly, but kept falling asleep at the keyboard. Thus was my fate for waiting so late in the evening to finish for the day. After our day trip to the Mellow Mushroom for lunch yesterday, dinner with the camping club, and watching a movie with the missus, it was no wonder I couldn't stay awake.

Today, I need to not only meet, but exceed my daily goal since I have to catch up for yesterday and work ahead for tomorrow. Tomorrow will be a day spent mostly on the road going home. Alas, yes, sadly, today is our last full day at camp. When the sun rises tomorrow, we will be hitching up and heading home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It was bound to happen, and yesterday, it did

Short Hike on a Long Trail - New River Trail State Park, Virginia