Cold and Clear Tuesday

 What a difference a day can make. Unlike yesterday's dark, wet morning, today dawned clear and cold. The air temp was right at freezing and the wind chill dropped it to well below that.

Still, the sun is shining, the sky is clear, and I've nothing to do all day but write. Nothing to do until the missus starts coming up with ideas of things to get done around the house in preparation for the arrival of our sons plus one tomorrow. I know she has a trip to town in mind for later this morning to pick up some last minute groceries among other things. It's the 'other things' that bother me as finding them will mean trips to several stores.

Despite the rain, yesterday was a productive day writing wise - 3,700+ words added to my NaNo story. This morning is off to a good start as well - 700+ words already. I'm pushing to go over 4,000 today. If I make it, I will finally cross the halfway mark.


I pushed it and I crossed the halfway mark before lunch today. Then, the missus dragged me to town for her little - ha - shopping trip. Four stores, a restaurant, and a bank later we finally made it home.

Now, once I get settled into writing mode, I am hoping to double my word count for the day.

Wish me luck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It was bound to happen, and yesterday, it did

Short Hike on a Long Trail - New River Trail State Park, Virginia