Waiting on a Jet Plane

 Son 1 usually flies in one of these:


Today, he's flying in one of these:


In the interest of full disclaimer, Son 1 is not flying AirFrance. He is on board a domestic airline that flies the A319.

The occasion of his travel is Thanksgiving. My missus is downstairs cooking up a storm preparing for both our sons and Son 2's long-term girlfriend to be here for a couple of days. She will make enough delicious (Yes, she is an excellent cook.) for twice as many people as will be here because she wants to send them home with leftovers to enjoy over the weekend. Of course, Son 1 won't be able to take anything back on the plane with him, but such facts won't slow the missus down one bit.

As for me, I'm trying to get as many words written on my NaNo project as I can before everyone arrives. Yes, I see the irony of writing this post while I'm supposed to be working on my manuscript.

My real distraction today is the wonderful aromas rising up the stairs from the kitchen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It was bound to happen, and yesterday, it did

Short Hike on a Long Trail - New River Trail State Park, Virginia