Waking Up By The Waterway

This morning, the missus and I woke up in our camper just yards from the Atlantic Intercoastal Waterway in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. We arrived yesterday afternoon and enjoyed a beautiful, sunny, warm few hours relaxing outside on the patio.

The work I did on this blog yesterday was done mostly in the morning before we left and again in the evening after dinner. There is still a lot to do, and I'm learning more each time I log in.

Besides building this new blog site, I am also participating in NANOWRIMO 2021. This is my twelfth year participating in NANOWRIMO. My first year, I wrote The Boy from Buzby Beach, which went on to be my best-selling book to date. This year, I am working on a story about a princess whose father gives up his throne and moves the family to Buzby Beach. The quirk is that the story is being told from the point of view of one of the boys from the island she befriends.

And, of course, I'm still teaching fourth grade when I'm not writing and/or camping. Retirement from education is in sight, but not imminent. More on that later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It was bound to happen, and yesterday, it did

Short Hike on a Long Trail - New River Trail State Park, Virginia