Last Camping Trip of the Year

 We left home in the gloom and drove most of the way here in the dark through occasional showers.

We arrived and set up in the dark with the help of the man in the camper next door and his rechargeable, magnetic, LED work light.

Sprinkles sounded on the roof now and again. There was still a drizzle outside when we walked the dogs for their final nightlies.

Now, the missus is getting ready for bed and I am writing this while sitting by the LED fireplace and reflecting on my day.

Today was not a normal day by any measure. We had a VIP visit the school and he stopped by each class to speak with and take questions from the students. While it was a nice change of pace, it did result in no effective teaching taking place because of the change in routine, combined with it being Friday, and with Winter Break and Christmas coming soon.

The break cannot come soon enough for the kids or the staff. Our week off at Thanksgiving was just a teaser. The two weeks of Winter Break will give us all a real chance to relax and unwind once Christmas itself is over.

Whatever happened to my NaNoWriMo2021 project? I completed 50,204 words before midnight on November 30th and entered the Winners' Circle for the eleventh year in a row.

What happens to the story now? I am currently revising the first draft. I have decided to revamp two of the relationships in the story as well as set it to begin a few years before the preCovid era. Eventually, I will catch up to where I left off on 11/30 and finish the story.

If you're interested in reading any of my currently published novels, check out the River Dream Series and Buzby Beach Books pages here on my blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It was bound to happen, and yesterday, it did

Short Hike on a Long Trail - New River Trail State Park, Virginia