Goodbye to a Faithful Tablet


 The reflection above is of my phone taking a picture of my now defunct tablet.The screen on the tablet has quit working. I'm not sure what other harm may have come to the internal workings of the device in the fall.

You see, I went and picked up my dog from the groomer and, upon arriving home, he managed to knock the tablet off the truck seat where I had thought it safe. The tablet fell several feet to the ground - I drive an F-250 - and now, it no longer functions.

Tragically, the long-term warranty I purchased for it was for 12 months and I have owned the tablet for 13 months.

As luck would have it, I have another tablet exactly like the tablet that no longer functions. They were both gifts two Christmases ago. The second one has been in use as a clock radio in my writing loft for the past 13 months. Now, it will become my go everywhere with me tablet.

The conundrum is that I no longer have a clock radio in my loft. Not a real-world problem, no. I can still use the second, now primary, tablet for that purpose when I am in the loft. Yes, I got spoiled having two identical tablets. Yes, I should be embarrassed to believe being left with only one is a hardship. But, you know what, they were gifts. I would never have purchased two for myself. And, they were gifts from people who did insist I keep both. As it turns out, I am glad I adhered to their wishes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It was bound to happen, and yesterday, it did

Short Hike on a Long Trail - New River Trail State Park, Virginia