Remote Teaching This Morning

 

Yes, it's me again.

Quick weather update. Last night it rained and at some point turned to freezing rain. There is a paper-thin layer of ice over everything outside. The snow part of this weather doubleheader is due to arrive around noon.

The inclement weather, as I mentioned in my previous post, means the school building is closed today. It does not mean there is no school today. I am already in my writer's loft, which will today double as my virtual classroom, with Google Classroom and the Google Meet open. Why, you might ask, am I ready 2 hours ahead of time? That's a good question. When I think of a good answer, I'll let you know.


The Google Meet with my students went well this morning. 23 out of 29 logged in over the course of the hour. I gave the daily work briefing every five minutes to ensure that they all heard it at least once. It is also posted on the Google Classroom stream.

The students seemed to genuinely enjoy participating in the Meet. Several of them stayed in after they'd heard the briefing. A handful stayed in or left and came back even after the scheduled end of the Meet. I opted to keep the Meet open so they could virtually socialize while they work.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It was bound to happen, and yesterday, it did

Short Hike on a Long Trail - New River Trail State Park, Virginia