To 11 or not to 11

 

The question about whether to upgrade to Windows 11 is a moot point in my humble opinion. It will become necessary at some point if you use a Windows PC.

Tonight, I am downloading and installing the update for my desktop computer. I already did so for my laptop some weeks ago. Why it became available for the laptop first, I do not really understand.

Other than a different interface on the desktop screen when I go to shut down, I have not noticed much difference between 11 and 10. Granted, this could be because I am not a power user. Other than writing, updating my author related social media accounts, and shopping I don't actually do much on the computer. Windows 10 was always capable, or so I was told, of doing so much more than I called on it to do. I suspect Windows 11 will be even more so.

As of this moment, 7% of the Windows 11 code has downloaded and this computer is asking to restart to continue. I will update this post as the upgrade progresses.

Update: Progress was slow but steady. I cannot say exactly how long it would have taken had I stayed up all night, but the installation was still underway when I got up this morning. It has only finished in the last few minutes.

As with my laptop, the only difference I've noticed so far is the Start screen. I anticipate discovering more through trial and error.  For now, I'm glad the upgrade is finished and I can get back to work on my writing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It was bound to happen, and yesterday, it did

Short Hike on a Long Trail - New River Trail State Park, Virginia