Nesting Syndrome


 

When my missus was expecting each of our sons, she went into a frenzy of house cleaning and rearranging both her and my mother explained as the Nesting Syndrome. According to them, and others I've broached the subject with, Nesting Syndrome is common among expectant mothers. 

My missus and I are now well beyond having children. Yet, when one of our sons is coming for a visit, she slips into Nesting Mode and begins to clean the house from top to bottom, including steam cleaning the carpets to reduce the "dog" smell. It is important to note that both our boys grew up with dogs in the house and the dog smell probably smells like home to them. 

Son 2 is coming home today so that we can celebrate his 26th Birthday. My missus has been in nesting mode since waking up this morning. Of course, she insists I do my part. My part is the yucky part and the boring part. The yucky part is cleaning the bathrooms. The boring part is dusting the living room. She takes care of vacuuming and steam cleaning the carpets as well as sweeping and mopping the floors. 

On the plus side, the result is a house that is clean and smells fresh for a few hours. Remember, we have 2 dogs. It doesn't take them long to dirty things up again without even trying.

 

(Note: This article was simultaneously posted on myLot.) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It was bound to happen, and yesterday, it did

Short Hike on a Long Trail - New River Trail State Park, Virginia