Looking for a New Dentist


 

When we moved here 27 years ago, we went through the ordeal of finding a doctor, a dentist, a hairdresser, and a barber, and all those things one must do upon settling in a new city. 

We were lucky and found a great dental practice right away and stayed with them for 20 years. Then, the dentists who owned the practice started retiring. Eventually, the practice was bought out by a chain operation that practices factory-style dentistry. 

We were not happy. Hygienists were assigned randomly. You never knew which dentist you might see. They fired or retired all the receptionists and office staff we knew and trusted. 

Still, we stuck with them until the pandemic. I haven't been to see them since the spring of 2020. Thankfully, I've had no problems. Now. though, I realize it's time to at least go in and get things checked. So, one of my "honey-do" list items for today is finding a new dentist. 

Our school has a Bishop's Holiday today. That's why I am home and glaring at a honey-do list in the first place. As soon as K heard I had today off, she decided to make sure I wouldn't have a chance to enjoy myself or make any plans of my own. 

Alas, such is life. I hope you all enjoy today more than I will.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It was bound to happen, and yesterday, it did

Short Hike on a Long Trail - New River Trail State Park, Virginia