Nice Reminders that Some People Still Appreciate Teachers (concurrently published on MyLot)


 

One of the nice things about teaching at the school where I do is the generosity of the parents and kids when it comes to gifts for the teacher at Christmas, during Teacher Appreciation Week, and at year-end.

 Last Friday and on Monday, I enjoyed lunch at a local grill near our school courtesy of a gift card from a student. Today I am lunching at a cafe in town on my way to have the Beast serviced courtesy of a different student. I am truly humbled and honored that my students and their parents think enough of me to be so generous. It helps remind me that being a teacher in today's America isn't all stress and strife and isn't always a thankless job.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It was bound to happen, and yesterday, it did

Short Hike on a Long Trail - New River Trail State Park, Virginia