The First Gift of Christmas (simultaneously posted on myLot)

 


The photo is of the first Christmas gift I received from my students this year. This young man is a legacy of sorts as I taught his sister the year the pandemic closed the school and sent us all home for the fourth quarter. 

The boy and I share a love of camping and the outdoors. He told me when he gave me the gift that the moment he saw it, he'd known it would be perfect for me. I must say that I agree. 

The little camper now has pride of place under our small tree. We still have 2 and 1/2 days of school before Christmas Break. 

Monday will be as normal a day as we can manage. 

Tuesday, our priest is having a retreat for the students from 3rd through 8th grade in the sanctuary, followed by Reconciliation (what used to be called Confession) for the Catholic students. This will take up most of the morning. 

Wednesday is a half day. We will begin with Mass in the morning and our class parties following after. Then, the kids go home, and the staff has a Christmas Luncheon and the giving out of Secret Santa gifts. We don't play Satanic Santa as most of us deplore the game as being a most unChristmas undertaking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It was bound to happen, and yesterday, it did

Short Hike on a Long Trail - New River Trail State Park, Virginia