It's Official

 

This morning, I emailed my principal my letter of intent to retire at the end of this school year. 

Since we are retiring together, it comes as no surprise to her. Now, though, it is official. With my letter in hand, so to speak, she can identify my replacement - a colleague currently teaching another subject who wants to teach 4th Grade. 

My replacement and I have talked at length about her taking my place and the steps I am taking to organize all my notes, plans, etc... to make the transition as easy as possible. 

 My students all know I'm retiring, as does most of the staff and a good number of the parents. 

As of now, I have 55 students days left until I begin my very long summer vacation.

 (First published on myLot on 3/7/2023) 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It was bound to happen, and yesterday, it did

Short Hike on a Long Trail - New River Trail State Park, Virginia